Discounts and Other Services
AAA (Roadside Assistance) Membership
AAA offers a group rate (15% off Basic) membership fee and waiver of $10 enrollment fee. Contact Julie at 217-398-0495, or mail the membership application to AAA, c/o Julie Woller, 1610 S. Neil St., Champaign. While the discount is available through the Champaign AAA office, it is open to employees at any of the University of Illinois campus locations.
Computer Hardware, Software, & Accessories
- Illini Union Tech Zone (UIUC) - University employees can make purchases through Illini Union Tech Zone to receive discounted pricing on desktop and laptop computers, iPods, and more. Apple, Hewlett Packard, Lenovo, Microsoft, and Dell products are available.
- UIC Bookstore - Students and staff are eligible to receive discounts on computers, software and other accessories at the UIC Bookstore.
- WebStore - Students, faculty, and staff on all three U of I campuses - in Urbana-Champaign, Chicago, and Springfield - are eligible to receive significant discounts on over 150 software applications offered by the University of Illinois WebStore.
Get discounts with your i card! i-card Perks organizes discounts on dinners out, ice cream, lawn care, and more from local participating merchants. This free service is for all i-card holders. The i-card Perks program is available at the Urbana-Champaign and Springfield campuses at this time.
Information on relocation assistance can be found on the Purchasing web site. The contracts described have been awarded to moving companies to help employees and new hires move their belongings.
Information on travel discounts can be found on the OBFS web site. Discounts are available through preferred vendors for travel transportation and lodging.
As a courtesy, information about additional services and discounts is made available to University of Illinois employees. Courtesy discounts are subject to change or discontinuation by the provider at any time, and the University may remove discount offers without notice.While the University screens all offers, these goods and services are not endorsed, guaranteed, or arranged by the University of Illinois. Employees are responsible for checking goods or services offered.
Ford X Plan.
General Motors Supplier Discount
Cellular Phone Discounts
These discounts refer to cellular phone service for personal use only. For details on purchasing service for official University use, please contact the OBFS Purchasing Division.
- AT&T - To obtain a discount visit the appropriate campus website.
- Sprint Discount - To obtain a discount visit the website.
- T-Mobile Discount - 15% discount
If you have any questions please contact Eric Jensen, U of I T-Mobile Account Manager at email@example.com.
Current customers log on to T-Mobile, new customers please call 866-464-8662. Please click on the link for information on the Value Rate Plan. Provide the promotion code 17003TMOFAV. The following information is required to receive the discount:
- Wireless Account Number or Wireless Number
- Work Identification Number (Your University Identification Number - UIN)
- Work Email Address
- Work Telephone Number
- U.S. Cellular - 15% service discount on voice and texting plans $69.99 or more for an individual or $99.99 or more for a family, data not included. If you are not a current U.S. Cellular customer, you will need to first stop by a U.S. Cellular store to sign up for service, before visiting the website to obtain your discount.
- Verizon Wireless - 18% service discount, Share Everything Plans & 25% accessories discount. To obtain this discount, fax (888-457-1731) or email StateofILEmployeeProgram@GL.VerizonWireless.com the following information to Verizon Wireless:
- A copy of your University ID card
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Verizon Wireless Account Number or Wireless Number
These discounts refer to personal cellular phone service use. Please contact the OBFS Purchasing Division for details on purchasing service for official University use.
Please be aware that discounts and packages offered to University employees by wireless companies may change or be discontinued at any time. Please contact the wireless carrier with questions about available discounts.