Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
University Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
The University voluntary AD&D insurance is available through The Hartford. You pay the full cost for this plan and can include coverage for a spouse and/or children. Other benefits included in this plan are travel assistance services, medical evacuation, and repatriation of remains. Enrollment is guaranteed at any time during your University employment.
- The effective date of coverage is the first day of the second insurance month following the date the form is submitted. For example, if the form is submitted and received on January 25, the effective date of coverage would be on March 1.
- You may apply for insurance for yourself in any amount between $25,000 and $300,000.
- You may apply for spouse insurance equaling 40% of your amount, or 50% of your amount if no children.
- You may apply for child insurance equaling 10% of your amount (if a spouse is also covered under the policy), or 15% if no spouse.
- Dependent children must be unmarried and between the ages of one and 18, or 22 if a full-time student.
- When participating in the University Voluntary AD&D insurance, you are automatically enrolled in Travel Assistance Services provided by Europ Assistance USA, which provides services while traveling 100 miles or more from your primary home (national or international travel).
For more information, including eligibility and cost, select one of the links from the menu at left. If you have additional questions, please contact your campus UPB Benefits Services office.
To enroll in the University AD&D insurance, please select the "Continue" button below.