Part-time Employee Benefit Information
As a University of Illinois employee receiving benefits, you and your eligible dependents qualify for health, dental and vision insurance coverage. In addition:
- Part-time employees may elect to waive health, dental and vision insurance coverage.
- The State of Illinois pays for a portion of employee health and dental insurance, with a monthly employee
contribution based on the employee's salary and plan selected.
- Part-time employees also pay for a percentage of the State contribution, based upon the percentage of the appointment.
- Salary-based contributions remain in effect until June
30 of the plan year unless you retire, accept a voluntary salary reduction or return to
State employment at a different salary (this does not apply if you are returning to work from a leave of absence).
- More information on Calculating
Health and Dental Insurance Costs
Tell me about:
Important Information about Insurance Costs for Part-Time Employees
Part-time employees hired before July 1, 2003 who had previously waived coverage in order to become a dependent of their State of Illinois Plan participating spouse, will be allowed to remain a dependent.
Employees who are covered by the grandfather clause:
May continue as a dependent on spouse's State health and dental plan.
May continue as a dependent on spouse's State life insurance plan.
Will NOT receive State paid basic life insurance coverage.
University of Illinois benefits-eligible employees who are hired as part-time or become part-time on or
after July 1, 2003 will no longer be eligible to receive coverage as a dependent of their State-employed spouse.
After this date, part-time employees:
Will receive State paid basic life insurance coverage.
May NOT be covered as a dependent on their spouse's State life insurance coverage.
May enroll or waive State health and dental coverage.
May NOT be covered as a dependent on their spouse's State health and dental plan.