Policies and Labor
Equal Opportunity and Human Resources
Equal Opportunity and Human Resources coordinates the development of University-wide policies and guidelines in equal opportunity in cooperation with various offices. Specific responsibilities include the administration
of affirmative action programs in University Administration; University level grievance review; the preparation of several institutional reports; and the University Administration search approval process.
University Administration Academic Search Process
Academic Search Forms
Form I - outlines academic search plan; this form must be completed and submitted prior to posting the position and conducting the search.
Form II - upon completion of search interviews, this form must be completed and submitted for approval before extending a job offer.
Search Waiver Request - this form must be completed and submitted for approval in order to extend a job offer without the use of the academic search procedures.
Academic Search Guidelines
Academic Search Frequently Asked Questions
Candidate Interview Guidelines
University Council on Equal Opportunity
The University Council on Equal Opportunity is appointed by the President and is charged with the following major functions:
- To advise the President on all University-wide matters pertaining to equal opportunity, nondiscrimination, affirmative action and diversity.
- To review the University's affirmative action and nondiscrimination programs, to analyze related federal and state legislation and regulations, and to make appropriate recommendations.
- To stimulate and facilitate University programs, services and procedures in matters affecting equal opportunity, nondiscrimination, affirmative action and inclusiveness, recommending standards which ensure consistent application.
The membership includes Chancellor-designated
representatives from the three campuses, a representative from University Human Resources, a representative of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. University Counsel designates a legal advisor.
Statement on Sexual Harassment
University Ethics Office
- UIC Office for Access and Equity
- UIS Office of Access and Equal Opportunity
- UIUC Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
For inquiries regarding the University grievance review procedures or the University Administration academic search process, please contact University Human Resources at 217-333-2590.