The term compensation refers to the range of wages and benefits that employees are provided in return for their work. Payments for all services provided by an employee are treated as an employee's salary and wages, which must be paid by the University in accordance with all Federal and State Regulations. This compensation section focuses on Pay & Taxes and Salaries & Wages, including self-service applications, information on employee salaries, Civil Service class specifications, and open range assignments and rates. However, these topics represent only one portion of the total compensation package. Compensation also includes such benefits as paid vacations, health and life insurance, and retirement plans. Visit the Leave and Benefits sections of this site for additional compensation information.
Pay & Taxes
Self-Service Applications (login required)
- Direct Deposit - Set up direct deposit, which enables electronic transfer of earnings to an account specified by you. Effective July 1, 2011 University Policy requires direct deposit for all employees, including employees hired before August 1, 2003. Direct Deposits will be effective immediately. Employees without an active direct deposit account prior to receipt of first pay will receive funds on a university provided Paychek Plus card.
- Earnings Statement - View current and historical earning statements.
- W-2/1042-S Tax Statement - Sign up to receive an electronic version of your W-2 and/or 1042-S, plus view current and historical W-2 information.
- W-4 Withholding Allowance - Complete or change your State and Federal income tax withholding (W-4) information. If you elect an additional flat amount to be deducted on Form W-4, the flat amount will be deducted on all pay events: original, retro-active, and adjusted.
- Foreign National Employees - Visit the OBFS site to complete and print the Form I-9 or schedule a mandatory tax status review appointment with the University Payroll Service Center.
Office of Business and Financial Services (OBFS) Links
Payroll & Earnings - information about Payroll processing, deductions, and schedules.
Payroll Schedules - current Payroll schedules and important Payroll processing deadlines.
Salaried Non-Exempt Academic Timesheets - now found under University HR Forms.
Salaries & Wages
Civil Service Salary Rates and Ranges - an overview of the Civil Service pay structures.
Academic Professional Titles - frequently used titles and standard descriptions for Academic Professional positions.