Instructions to Update Name, Address and Phone Number
Employees experiencing a name, address and/or phone number change should do the following:
If currently enrolled in the benefits below, please follow the directions indicated to change your address and phone number.
Name, address and phone number changes submitted through the NESSIE Employee Information Form update State and University benefit plans as follows:
- State Plans: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, MCAP, DCAP and Deferred Compensation
Changes are electronically updated weekly.
Employees will receive a CMS Verification form reflecting the change in 12 business days after submitting the form. If you do not receive a verification form, please contact University Payroll and Benefits at 217-265-6363.
- University Plans-Updated monthly
Prudential Long Term Disability
ReliaStar (Voya)/ING Life Insurance
- Supplemental Retirement Plans-
Participants should notify the appropriate vendors.
Fidelity Investments - Call 800-343-0860
TIAA - Call 800-842-2252
- State Universities Retirement System (SURS) Retirement and Disability Plans
Complete the Change of Address Form or send a letter with certification of the name change and return to:
State Universities Retirement System
P.O. Box 2710
Champaign, IL 61825-2710
Personal Information Changes
Notice to Non-U.S. Citizens
All non-U.S. citizens, including immigrants (legal permanent residents) and non-immigrants must register any changes to their home address within 10 days of the change. Failure to report a change of address may result in a fine, imprisonment, and/or removal (deportation). Consult the staff of your campus International Office for information on complying with this requirement.
View International Office Contact Information for locations and phone numbers of the International Offices on each campus.
Notice to Employees Working Outside of Illinois
Will you be working outside of Illinois while employed with the University?
1. Your unit must follow OBFS Policy Section 1.5.1 and OBFS Policy Section 18.16 prior to hiring or allowing work in a state other than Illinois or in a foreign country.
2. You must review Out of State Tax Withholding to determine which tax forms you need to complete.
3. Submit your tax forms to UPB. UPB makes tax deposits and reports withholdings and earnings based on your state’s requirements.