University of Illinois Logo University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign University of Illinois Chicago University of Illinois Springfield
Home Search Help
N E S S I E   Home > Life Events >  

Address/Phone Change

Name Change


Divorce / Separation

Birth / Adoption

Death of Spouse/ Dependent

Tuition Waivers

Separation / Termination


HR Forms
Human Resources

Life Events

Name Change

Employees experiencing a name change should do the following.

Benefits Changes

If currently enrolled in the benefits below, please follow the directions indicated to change your name.

Personal Information Changes

  • To change your name on your direct deposits, W-2, and personnel records:
    • Urbana employees - Submit to your department a copy of the SSN card issued by the Social Security Administration.
    • Chicago and Springfield employees - Complete the Name and SSN Change Form and submit to your unit supervisor along with the appropriate supporting documentation.
    You must be able to validate your name change as agreeing with your Tax ID name by providing your social security card.
  • Credit Unions - send a letter with certification of the name change or visit one of the locations.
    UIUC employees: U of I Community Credit Union
    UIC employees: Credit Union 1
    UIS employees: Illinois Educators Credit Union
  • Parking
    UIUC Campus Parking and Transportation Division - call or visit the department.
    UIC Parking Services - call or visit the department.
    UIS Parking - visit their web site for more information.

Maintained by University Human Resources | Contact Information | Last Update: 22-September-2017 | ID: 1125