Retirement Checklist for Terminating Employees
- ___ You may wish to meet with a tax professional to evaluate your tax status and review the impact of taking a SURS separation refund or starting a retirement annuity (if eligible).
- ___ Learn about SURS separation refund options based on your SURS plan and years of service.
- ___ If you are eligible for retirement, you may wish to apply to start your retirement annuity.
- ___ If you are taking a job with another public employer, learn about the Retirement Systems Reciprocity Act.
- ___ If you are moving, be sure to change your address with SURS, and with your 403(b) and 457 investment companies.
- ___ Review and update your beneficiary designations with SURS, and with your 403(b) and 457 investment companies.
- ___ If you wish to direct your vacation and/or compensable sick leave payout into the 403(b) and/or 457 plan, you must submit paper forms to University Payroll and Benefits 60 days prior to your separation date.