University of Illinois Logo University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign University of Illinois Chicago University of Illinois Springfield
Home Search Help
N E S S I E   Home >

HR Forms
Human Resources

Change in Employment

When an employee, or an employee's spouse or dependent changes employment, employees can make several changes to benefits and personal employment information. Employees may initiate changes to the following:


Employee and dependent health and dental coverage
Optional State life insurance
Flexible spending accounts

Personal Employee Information

Emergency contact
Tax withholding allowance (W-4)
Direct deposits

Required Documentation

Include the following documentation when making a change to benefits or personal information:

  • Verification of the employee's change of employment status.
  • Part-time election form, if applicable.
  • Record of employment and/or insurance letter, if spouse has gained employment.
  • Letter from previous employer verifying end of employment or COBRA letter/Certificate of Coverage, if spouse has lost employment.

Tell me about:

Qualifying events
CMS MyBenefits


Maintained by University Human Resources | Contact Information | Last Update: 21-September-2017 | ID: 34