University of Illinois Logo University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign University of Illinois Chicago University of Illinois Springfield
Home Search Help
N E S S I E   Home >

HR Forms
Human Resources

Marriage, Same-Sex Marriage or Civil Union Partnership

Note: When adding a same-sex spouse, a paper Group Insurance Enrollment form must be submitted to your campus UPB Benefits Services office.

Employees getting married or entering into a civil union partnership can make several changes to benefits and personal employment information. Employees may initiate changes to the following:


Employee and dependent health and dental coverage
Optional State life insurance
Flexible spending accounts

Personal Employee Information

Name, Address and Phone Number Changes
Emergency contact
Tax withholding allowance (W-4)
Direct deposits
Social Security Number

Required Documentation

When making a change to benefits or personal information, include the marriage certificate or the civil union certificate.

Tell me about:

Qualifying events
CMS MyBenefits


Maintained by University Human Resources | Contact Information | Last Update: 21-September-2017 | ID: 42